Tree Service Mount Prospect
Trees are a great way to make your home look beautiful and give you amazing benefits including, shade, privacy for your yard, and more. However, there are some things to keep in mind when it comes to caring for your trees in the future. Gray Tree Service in Mount Prospect, Illinois is the certified arborist and tree specialist you need to make sure that your trees are well cared for in the future of your home. At Gray Tree Service, we are all about trees, and want to give you the knowledge and tools necessary to ensure that your tree grows and is a beautiful addition to your yard for years to come.
Tree Planting Mount Prospect
There are several things you should consider before you plant a tree for your home in Mount Prospect:
- Location: You want to look for an open area, be aware of any sidewalks or patios that might be damaged in the future by the root structure. Also, you want to look up and see if there are any power lines that might prevent the tree from growing in the future, and where the sunlight and water is going to hit the tree. If you want an expert arborist to ensure that you are planting your tree in the right location, trust Gray Tree Service to help you.
- Type of Tree: Consider the main things a tree needs, in order to plant the right tree for the area. Your main things to consider; temperature, moisture, and soil. These three things will determine the success of your tree’s life in Mount Prospect. You can always ask where you are buying the tree which one is the best for your yard, or you can contact us at Gray Tree Service in order to ensure that your tree planting in Mount Prospect, Illinois is perfect.
- Start Digging: You want to start with a hole that is 3 times as wide as the burlap bag your tree is coming in. This will ensure the hole is deep enough and wide enough for the tree to grow in the future. Place the tree so that the root collar is a little bit above the ground. Set the tree ball in the middle of the hole. Be sure to always pick up your tree by the bottom, grabbing it by the trunk can cause separation from the trunk to the ball. With a cutting knife, carefully cut away the burlap sack under the tree, and clear away any parts you can see. (The bottom of the sack can be there) Set the tree upright and start filling in the hole, and create a water basin around the tree and give the tree a good initial water. After that, lay two to three inches of protective mulch and you’re all done!
call Gray Tree Service today and we can help you with all of your tree planting needs in Mount Prospect.
Tree Trimming Mount Prospect
Gray Tree Service is a certified arborist who is trained in tree trimming and pruning services. If you ever need tree trimming services in Mount Prospect, Illinois, you can always rely on the experts at Gray Tree Service. Here are some more tips you should consider when it comes to pruning your tree.
- Remember ⅓ and ¼ : Your goal for pruning is to have the main side branches ⅓ smaller than the diameter of the tree trunk. For most deciduous trees don’t trim higher than ⅓ of the tree’s total height. Trying to measure these distances can be hard and time-consuming, remember to call Gray Tree Service for tree trimming services in Mount Prospect, Illinois and we will help you out!
- Use the right tools: Most tree trimming accidents come from people not using the right tools, and not keeping them sharp. Make sure you are using the right cutting blades that reach high enough. Also, you want to have goggles or eye protective gear to prevent wood shavings from going into your eye.
- Inspecting the tree from the top to the bottom: You can visually inspect the tree and determine where you want to make your cut lines for the trimming.
- Choose your branches: When cutting the branches you want to choose the lateral branches that will grow in the desired direction that you want them to grow in. Your cut should be smooth and be about ¼ inch beyond the bud.
- Go for one trunk: If your tree is splitting up at the trunk, identify one main grow trunk that you want, identify the best trunk leader and cut to encourage that to grow.
Tree Removal Mount Prospect
There is one general rule that you should follow when it comes to tree removal in Mount Prospect, Illinois: NEVER REMOVE A TREE YOURSELF! Always, hire a professional tree removal business to remove the trees from your home. Tree removal is an exacting and precise process which should never be attempted by anyone that is not a licensed, bonded, and insured company.
Gray Tree Service is your number one tree removal experts in Mount Prospect. Contact Us today in order to ensure that your tree removal is done safely, and properly. We will prevent any damage from falling trees that can occur. Tree removal is not a do it yourself project! Finally, we will make sure to clean the entire area of tree debris or falling material that you might encounter from your tree removal.